I’m starting to realize it would be fun to keep track of the deals I find – hopefully to inspire or encourage. Perhaps also to help me remember and be able to give examples when folks ask for advice on finding good deals. So here goes:
1. Harris-Teeter – picked up lots of BOGO items (Sister Shubert’s, Pepperidge Farm bread) and free noodles and Chobani yogurt. Main costs were milk and egg nog.
Original price for everything: $34
What I paid w/sales and coupons: $13.81 – saved 60%!
2. Play It Again Sports – I found a bike trailer! I had been talking with someone on Craig’s List about one for $75. Went to PIAS to buy a soccer ball for B and saw the trailer. Nicer brand for $79.99. First guy I talked to said he could give me 10% off when I asked if the price was negotiable. Asked some more questions, ended up talking to another guy – I pointed out some things that were missing (accessories I’d have to buy) and he promised to see how low he could go.
Final price was $60 including tax – 30% off! Woo Hoo!
3. Designer Shoe Warehouse – got an email from DSW today w/two coupons – $10 off a $10+ purchase for Women, and the same for Men. Basically free $20 – heck yeah! So headed on over and picked F up some nice socks (after the coupon, 95 cents + tax!) and some leggings for me ($7.95 + tax). Can’t beat that.
Original Price: $28.90 + tax Final Price: $8.90 + tax! (saved 69%)
4. Chick-Fil-A – F and I signed up to receive texts from our local CFA, just a few minutes from our house. They often send texts offering free food/drinks during a specific time of the day. From 3-5 pm today, it was a large sweet tea!
Final Price – 2 FREE sweet teas!
5. Cici’s Pizza – yes, not super-healthy but a treat sometimes when I’m not up for cooking. Had a BOGO coupon for an Adult Buffet. Kids 3 and under eat free. We all drank water. Guessing there’s no better deal out there for 3 people to eat all they want.
Final Price – $5.38 for 2 adults and 1 two year old to enjoy a pizza and salad buffet!